Mistakes make life interesting would be an understatement. I started in the studio with a success. I discovered why my design was not getting to the embroidery machine. It was too large. I downsized it, put it in the machine and started my first flower. Then I couldn’t find the applique scissors. I called DH down for a second pair of eyes. He found them in the drawer in which they belong. And we found a pair of reading glasses for very up close work – taking stitches out. After trimming, I put the design back under the needle upside down. That’s a great reason to mark your item with a “L” and/or a “R” if there might be a question. Starting again, I marked the L and R, but forgot to put down the bottom layer. Here is the third mistake, which I was able to salvage and get right. No, I won’t be wasting the fabric in the first two mistakes. They will be turned into something else. And finally here is one finished flower.
The rest of the day went good, but I certainly feel like I spend hours learning – like Edison from mistakes. This has been a great quilt for learning.
Because of all the large appliques and it is a small baby quilt (34.5 x 39.5) I decided to just stitch in the ditch. Then I bound it with some on the bias binding I made for a different quilt and changed my mind. So I now have one finish for March. If you are interested, this quilt is Debbie Mumm’s Sampler Quilt in her Favorite themes group