Black Friday and I no longer have dates, so I moved on to other things. Did you brave weather and crowds for a special priced item or two? If you did, I’d love to know about it.
100# of apples are now all sauced and about half of that is now finished apple butter. It seems to take longer than I remember it taking a few years ago. Then there was a major cleaning job in the kitchen as I made some of the sauce each of several days without totally cleaning each time. But now all is finished except the applesauce becoming apple butter in the slow cooker.
I was able to move on into the sewing realm. These bowls are coming together one seam at a time. Today I finished half the darts and then moved on to getting this quilt on the machine. My goal is to get it quilted and maybe finished before the end of the month which is this coming Thursday all ready. Hard to believe isn’t it?
Today, I finished processing the first 60 of 100 pounds of apples. This afternoon, I did rearranging in the barn to get ready for a load of hay, which is supposed to be delivered in the morning. This is not too exciting for most of you. However, having enough hay to get through the winter will be exciting for me.
Work: We managed to get two loads to the dump today even though it snowed. Construction seems to leave extra unusable pieces around as well as the fact that we don’t have garbage service here. So a load of each was removed today.
And the tanks are now in the ground, waiting for the lids to get finished and the dirt to be put back over the top of them. Progress is progress, even when slow.
And because it snowed, it seemed appropriate to have a thick broccoli soup
Kiwi, the parrot, is enjoying extra special attention, of which he never seems to get enough.
This quilt with the hummingbirds was a 90th birthday gift made for a neighbor, who never had the opportunity to use it. She went into the hospital on her birthday and sadly did not recover. So I took the original label off and now it can go to someone in need.
So this weekend included a bit of this and that which is now done. However removing the quilt label is the only one that was on my check list.