These are the borders used to enhance this quilt. The finished quilt will be 60 x 60, perfect for a lap quilt. As you can see on the right photo, at the top, I will repeat the stripe in the binding. Now this quilt goes into the ready to quilt stack.
This is the best “over all” photo since I was on the same level as all of these booths. All up close photos were taken with permission as this is a show where photos in general are not allowed.
One of the vendors enjoys painting her machines.
Notice the gadget for thread. This winds off the metallic threads in the correct way to keep them from breaking. (Yes, there is now one in my studio.)
This was an interesting demo. See the quilt in the background. She used gridded fusible interfacing onto which she put the pieces – either tee shirt or other fabric. Then she adhered strips between them as well as setting blocks if wished. This keeps the shirts from stretching.
Then she sewed straight lines across and then down to complete the top.
This is a look at the back of the quilt. (With this method, one could make a quilt very quickly)
Cindy Losekamp is demonstrating her paints and special stencils.
These ribbons made their way home with me,
as did these threads from Superior Thread Co.
I also needed a new rotary cutter from Kai scissors, some seam rippers, 2 pair of knitting needles and a pattern. I did NOT buy any fabric or yarn.
I have now finished the heel. The photo shows one sock right side up and one upside down. Notice the redder stripe and heel area. Even though this is a sock yarn, it didn’t seem strong enough to hold up as long as I like, so I reinforced the heel with a 75% wool, 25% nylon reinforcement yarn by Schoeller Esslinger.
Tomorrow is SewExpo in Puyallup, WA, so will try to find something interesting to show you.
This is a bit different from the way I usually make them. This is my background for the scene. At this point it is only tacked on.This is the back. I’m using a pattern “Salt Box Glen” by Cindy Losekamp who owns Sew Artfully Yours. She has many lovely patterns.
In addition to that, our bathroom rug, which didn’t want to stay white has now been dyed brown. I wonder why when one buys a dark brown, there is so much red in the dye that one gets more of a rusty-brown? Seems they should add a bit more black instead.
I found the recipe in my inbox this morning. Basically they are artichokes canned in water that I bought at Costco. I quartered the artichokes which I dipped in almond flour, milk, and crumbled chips. This site has some good recipes.
So after laundry, checking the bees, baking bread, going to the chiropractor – you know the routine, I had a few minutes to sit down and finish this cloth I started yesterday. It is Grandma’s favorite and can be made any size. In the past I used the pattern for a baby blanket. It really is a very beginner’s pattern that works up pretty.
This is what the quilt looks like-now. It is 55 inches square and with a small border it will be the perfect size for a lap quilt. So I need to decide if I will be happy with that or do I want to add more borders with possibly more stars for a larger quilt. The original BOM by Nancy Rink has 4 borders. Will I be happy with only 2 of them? Decisions!
After church and lunch today, we took a drive and walk to see how much spring has sprung. We were surprised at how many trees and flowers are blooming. Above is a cherry, The plums are also starting to bloom.
These camellias, which should be starting about now, are already far along.
Unknown, but pretty,
Here is a very pretty ground cover, and the daisies were also blooming.
We often call these tulip trees, but I’m thinking they may be magnolia trees.This park makes me ready for summer.
Even the daffodils are blooming. We saw a rhododendron in bloom, but it was getting too dark to photograph.
The trees and flowers are really jump starting this spring. February is often our cold and icy month. Today. we enjoyed our Creator’s handiwork.
I went to JoAnn’s and didn’t find what I wanted, so off to Wal-Mart and they didn’t have it either. Then, after running around, I thought to look on the internet. Guess what!. The colors I wanted aren’t made in the yarn I wanted. So now that I’ve hit a wall, I really didn’t feel like working on one of the larger projects and I needed a cheery color, so I chose this project.
I was knitting away on this when DH noticed it looked like one I made earlier. He informed me that I can’t show you this because it looks like the last one. It is the same pattern, Almost Lost, but a different color. I used a larger needle on this as well. Apparently, he thinks this blog should be for helping you to understand how things are made. So I’ll add a bit of that with this. So here comes the learning part. I used a Peaches and Cream cotton.
I thought I was done with this, when I noticed after petal #6, I had one petal upside down (on the bottom).I ripped out to just before this photo (forgot to take photo of mistake).
So the learning is going to have to be to watch more closely what I’m doing. It ripped out quite easily for which I was thankful. Some of the sock yarns aren’t so forgiving.
This pair of socks is being created from Sock it to me Collection, Puzzle sock yarn into a pattern entitled “Game of Thrones – House Targaryen” by Christine Pike. I’m hoping I can get them done by the end of February, but this is a short month and there are a few other items I want to accomplish as well. I think it will take more rainy days than I see on my phone. I do see 4 rainy days scheduled, so maybe, just maybe.