I started the morning by opening an email that I should not have opened. Then I waited for the Geeksquad to remove the virus or whatever from my computer so I could again use it. After that a phone call to Handiquilter and I believe my machine may be more cooperative.
In between those chores, I did get a pattern copied onto pattern pellon for a jacket. I even was able to get the main pieces cut out of this cotton fabric. It will be a loose, lightweight cotton jacket using the new serger. However, I do not have the right thread, so will pick that up tomorrow.
Off to the grocery briefly for a couple very good watermelons and out to the garden. We picked the funniest shaped carrots. Next year the ground will have to be worked deeper. These poor carrots just could not break through the hardpan. Still they are delicious.
These beets were growing beside the carrots, but since they are shorter, they didn’t have the same troubles. They filled this 4 gallon bucket about 3/4 full. Oh, and there were a few potatoes that were from a potato that was left in the ground over winter. I pulled a beet and harvested 6 potatoes much to my surprise. So we will be enjoying roasted root vegetables.