This quilt, which was a 2014 block of the month by Pat Sloan, has been bound by hand except for the corner where I will put the label. I will finish that corner after I decide who will get this quilt. So I put the extra piece of fabric with thread in a plastic bag and pinned it to the quilt. I now consider this quilt finished.
Have you ever tried to get into and out of car with one of these holding your knee absolutely straight? It is a real feat! The other problem was keeping it from sliding off which in retrospect may have been because I was wearing shorts instead of jeans to keep it up. I gave up as the knee is doing better today. as long as I don’t put much weight on it. So I’ve had rest with leg up for two days now. That should be enough, right? I have plants and seeds that need to get into the dirt.
3 month old Ava had an appointment with the vet which is why I needed to get in and out of the car (I was not driving). Now she will be able to keep herself cleaner.
I twisted my leg yesterday afternoon, which didn’t bother me until mid morning when it decided that it would no longer hold my weight. DH took me to the sewing store where I could get needles, oil, and a zipper foot for my commercial machine.
I stopped at the chiropractor on the way home, so my back is no longer twisted. But the knee still is not being cooperative. I’m sort of getting along with this walker, but the sewing studio is downstairs and the living is upstairs. I did catch up on email and mostly rested. My brother called and we had time for a nice chat. If I do not post tomorrow, do not worry, there was nothing but rest to post about. However, my current plan is that I will be back to normal in the morning.
As promised, here is the Martingale dog collar we made yesterday.
A week and a half ago, I went to the doctor because my ear was popping as if I were in an airplane. It was decided the ear had wax build up and she should remove it. She sent a nurse in to do a wash, except that was not successful. The nurse then decided she needed implements. She came back with what looked like a dental pick and a tweezers. Neither was successful so I was sent home with ear drops to use for 2 weeks. After a week, my ear hurt enough to send me to urgent care when I got up. They took the wax out carefully and told me that my ear was inflamed and gave me antibiotic to put in it. What I learned from this was that I should have objected when the first nurse came with tools that didn’t belong in the ear. That would have same me from the infection. So BEWARE.
As well as helping daughter find an apartment, I’ve done a bit of knitting.
This lap quilt is only 40 x 44 because that is the size of left over batting that I had. I just love it when something gets totally used.
This afternoon Mary came over and we worked on getting this ancient industrial Singer sewing machine in working order. We needed it to sew very heavy thread. After a couple of hours of us talking kindly and messing with knobs – even downloaded an instruction manual, it now works beautifully. We now have a dog collar finished of which I forgot to take a photo. I also learned that I need to buy special oil as it has an oil tray, needles and a zipper foot. So Monday I’ll drive up to Renton and acquire those items.
Remember the red fluff I showed awhile back? It is slowly becoming yarn.
And we finally found a few minutes to start removing the maple tree forest that finds our berry and grape area just the perfect place to grow.
Maybe, but there is still more to do than the day is long. Today Mary and I met with a customer and had lunch. Our daughter needed help looking for a different apartment, and the potential next sheep needed frequent checking this afternoon. And the gardening awaits. Maybe tomorrow.
I grabbed a few minutes to get this child’s quilt on and started.
I am delighted to be able to say this is off the quilting machine and just has a couple small lines to be finished by sewing machine and then can be bound. I did a lot of experimenting on this quilt, and some mandatory frogging. I am happy with the results.
After spending most of the day on the blue quilt, including taking out stitches that just didn’t go in correctly, I came to the last corner and border before taking it off and turning it to do the other two borders. The last corner did not want to set up properly. The best thing I could think of was to quit for today and start some socks. I found this in my sock yarn box and since it isn’t exactly exciting to me, I thought it would be a great summer sock where it is nearly all down inside the shoe. There is enough to make two pair. Since they don’t have the leg length, that part goes and I am ready to turn the heel.
Oh yes, the little black lamb got his first shot and his tail docked. Amazingly, there was little complaint.