This heat is really slowing me down. I was up at 5.30 this morning so my neighbor and I could give each of the sheep a shot, which should eliminate parasites. This is fly season and they seem particularly bad this year, perhaps because of the heat.
The neighbor took this photo of Lacey as she (the neighbor) was leaving this morning. It is the best I have of this dog.
Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors. Here is his post from today:
– Love God more than you fear hell.
– Once a week, let a child take you on a walk.
– Make major decisions in a cemetery.
– When no one is watching, live as if someone is.
– Succeed at home first.
– Don’t spend tomorrow’s money today.
– Pray twice as much as you fret.
– Listen twice as much as you speak.
– Only harbor a grudge when God does.
– Never outgrow your love of sunsets.
– Treat people like angels; you will meet some and help make some.
– ‘Tis wiser to err on the side of generosity than on the side of scrutiny.
– God has forgiven you; you’d be wise to do the same.
– When you can’t trace God’s hand, trust his heart.
– Toot your own horn and the notes will be flat.
– Don’t feel guilty for God’s goodness.
– The book of life is lived in chapters, so know your page number.
– Never let the important be the victim of the trivial.
– Live your liturgy.