This is another pair of self striping socks that I am using the pattern K6, P2. I really liked the fit of the last pair and they look better than all knit.
Each of us has different reactions to what happens to us. Noon started day 2 of the new lens. Contrary to what many others told me, I still am quite hazy in that eye. My balance is also suffering. The doctor visit went well and he is quite pleased with the progress so far and I go back in a week. I don’t think that my experience is all that different from others, just that while I’m in the middle of it, I’m reporting on it. My guess is others are so pleased with the results and so will I be in a week, I’ll have forgotten this side of it – that is – until the other eye is done. Meanwhile, I’m finding that I bump into walls at times, and cannot see well enough to sew. I tried to knit for awhile because that doesn’t take as much thinking, but even that was slow and I feel tired. DH thinks all is normal because even though I was awake, they gave me a pill to make me very relaxed. Until that is out of my system, he thinks I will just have to “go with how I feel”. So I apologize and ask that you bear with me this month and as soon as possible, I’ll get more done and have more to show you.
This is the eye shield needed to be worn at night and when around dirt etc that could fly into the eye. I can see through it – if I could see out of that eye.
I went in at 10:30 and was done, ready to leave at 11:10. It was fast and the doctor described every step as he was doing in. They were very kind and efficient. Interestingly enough, before the team started, each member gave his/her name and their participation on me who they also named. They do this to avoid errors. It is recorded as well. I like that efficiency. However, it is hours later, after a nap, and the eye is still blurry. They told me this would last until tomorrow or the next day. So I am doing little and what I do is with one eye.
It’s time to start thinking about all the birthdays coming up this spring, summer and fall. There are a number of them in this family. So I started prepping with this embroidered chef’s apron. Costco had the aprons and the design is an Anita Goodesign.
It is possible there will not be a post tomorrow. I have to be at the outpatient surgery unit at 10.30 tomorrow morning for my first eye cataract appointment. I probably will not be doing anything exciting tomorrow – or maybe I will be, but won’t get it posted. I mean, isn’t eye surgery exciting????.
I started to quilt this flimsy because I thought the machine problem was solved. It is not, the thread refuses to stay between the discs and therefore the horrible mess on the underside.. 15 minutes to put it in and two hours (with interruptions) to take it out. So after removing the stitches, it was on to better things.
The garden items that are in the ground, plus the blueberries, raspberries, grapes and apple trees all received their dose of fertilizer since it is supposed to rain tonight and then not again until next Tuesday a week away. Now that they have been fertilized, the rain can water it all in. I also did the plants in the hoop house and watered that in. My this all takes a lot of time. Oh, yes, I also had to get more peat moss as we are trying to improve the soil on the hill.
I pulled this out today, hoping to get to sew, but such was not the case. It is a very cute Martha Pullen design for the 18″ dolls and will refresh my heirloom skills. I intend to take it methodically (read that as slowly), so I don’t have to unsew any of it. I have the fabric, trims, buttons and elastic and I’m ready to go, when there is some me time.
This is the first block of 9 monthly installments ofCritters at the Circus published by Quilt Magazine. They are really cute blocks which use mostly scraps. I will show them to you each month as I complete the applique stitching on each.
And the applique on the “fish” is completed. It is now hanging in the “to be quilted” closet, which is way too full.
The sun is still shinning and I found someone to dig and clean out the vegetable beds. We now have a few peas and potatoes planted and 100 onion bulbs. The garlic was put in last fall. So I won’t be putting too much more outside until we are past the frosts. By then the beds should be ready to plant.