The chicken coop was first on the list this morning. I am grateful to have had help on that one. The coop is large, probably 16′ square and desperately needed shavings changed. Then the larger babies were taken out of the cage
and the wee bantams were moved into the house. After a week or so in there, they will also be released and the cage removed.
The greenhouse was also in desperate need, so I spent time out there.
Seems the potatoes were much smaller than they should have been and the ground was very dry, but I’ll take whatever help I can get. Now the tomatoes, beets, and celery are all weeded.
Walking by the artichokes, I see we have two of them ready, so brought them in
And we dug up the elephant garlic. I didn’t get another garlic planted last fall.
It is just as well, we didn’t get a lot of the garden planted this year. It is just so dry out there and even our pond, which dried up in August last year, is dry. In the past it has had some water in it all year. The pond is the bit in the background that has some green.